View Single Post
Old 11-19-2011, 05:05 PM   #4
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
If you go to the Purchased section of your library on kobobooks.com, is there a download ePUB button? That is what should produce the Adobe ADE version of the book. You should get an ascm link that will then open in your desktop Adobe ADE software.

If you have gone through this process, but the download book is giving you a kepub (Kobo ePUB) in error, you will have to start a help ticket. Chances are they will have to contact the publisher and have a new file sent to them, which (in my limited experience) can take awhile. If that is indeed the case, and you do not want the kepub book, ask for a refund.

BTW, I purchased a book and what was supposed to be the ADE ePUB was an audio book file. The Publisher had provided/uploaded the wrong file format.

Kepub books are ePUBs with Kobo's own proprietary DRM. These are the books that sync with the Kobo servers across devices. Kobo has to pay a users fee (approximately 20 cents i have heard) to Adobe for ePUBs that go through the Adobe servers for application of that DRM.

Last edited by taming; 11-19-2011 at 05:08 PM.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote