View Single Post
Old 03-19-2017, 05:19 PM   #9
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
Living here in this retirement home with neighbors with all sorts of Kindles, beginning with the first one, I see all of them from time to time when they need help. Well, there are a couple of models no-one has but I see most of them. I use a Voyage personally.

To me there's one huge difference from old to new and that's the front light. I really think that's the biggest improvement since Gutenberg's press. Compared to that all the other differences are minor.

I recently got a Kobo Mini, unlighted of course, for someone here. I set it up and then spent half a day reading on it. I really do like that thing. If it had a light it would be my reader of choice, simply based on it's size and weight and convenience. But it doesn't so off it goes to it's owner.

A few neighbors have Kindles 4's and I deal with a couple of those quite a lot. Other than the light I think it's a perfectly good reading experience. But it needs a light. I don't care about buttons but they're not that bad.

I just don't think there are any major differences from one to another except the light. And that's like (ooh I can't believe I'm about to say this) night and day!

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote