View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 11:27 AM   #58
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
It's all about the writing and whether I can identify with the main characters.
While I like Terry Brooks' stories very much, I often think: "Does it HAVE to be ANOTHER Ohmsford? Pu-leaassee!"

And I hate young characters... the younger they get, the less I want to read the book. It's the main reason that I never read (and probably never will read) the Harry Potter novels. 15-16 years (Shea Ohmsford, in Sword of Shannara) is te absolute minimum I wish to go for... 21-24 would be better.

I just can't identify with very young characters because I always feel that there is no way in hell they would be able to stand up for themselves or be able to accomplish anything. (Do you see a 12 year old boy, or even younger, making Frodo's journey? I don't...)
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote