View Single Post
Old 09-11-2020, 12:58 AM   #17
TidusWulf
TidusWulf began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura, Nook Glow+6
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
If you don’t want to help, don’t help. That’s easy. It’s best not to impugn others’ motives, though. There was a recent unfortunate thread where the seller of a blacklisted device was referred to as a thief, which was not the case. If you think somethng’s against MR rules, report it. Otherwise, let it go.

The reality in this situation of a $5 thrift purchase of an item where the original owner hasn’t a hope of getting it back and moved on long ago is that it’s a trivial issue no matter where you fall on it. And people in these situations who talk about getting the police involved or contacting the original owner through the storefront are, quite frankly, nuts. It’s worth no one’s while.
Indeed. The Nook had a completely dead battery when I grabbed it off the shelf so it was out of use for some time, I'm sure. Not to mention that it had a software update which, by the looks of things online, came out months ago. I had to plug it into a wall charger at the store and wait a good 20 minutes for it to boot up. Then, once I confirmed it worked I bought it. Who knew it would lead to this. :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calenorn View Post
I think such a device could still have ebooks side-loaded to it and read on the device.
It sure can. My earlier post goes into detail of rooting and installing KoReader on the Nook, which can read ebooks just fine. It's not as "elegant" as the built in Nook reader, but it does its job very well, and has tons of extra features that stock readers just don't have. Anyone with an android phone should download it and take a look at it, just to get a taste of what ereaders could do. Koreader works for all Nook models, as well as Kindles, Kobos, and more.
TidusWulf is offline   Reply With Quote