View Single Post
Old 08-17-2018, 02:10 PM   #10
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by odedta View Post
I didn't really understand Notjohn's reply. If you have a wide image rotated 90 degrees then all you have to do is turn your device 90degrees to read it? obviously you would have to turn some auto-rotate screen function off, if that's possible.
The point is that MANY devices have the auto-rotate setting in an inconvenient place. It's not a quick "click to turn off" kind of thing (yes, Apple, I'm lookin' at YOU!). So, you're sitting there, and you come to a rotated image, in your Kindle or iPad, etc., and when you try to turn your device to see it properly, it rotates AWAY from you, of course, because, ti's rotated 90%.

If you think about it, it's idiotic to pre-rotate the image. Why? Nobody is going to look at it that way; they're going to tap the image, most likely, and then rotate their device to view it. Right? Why set it at 90? Why not just put it in the "right" way, with the top toward the top of the device--whatever that is--and allow the user to choose how to see it? They'll invariably rotate their device. We already know that, right? So why make it aggravating, to force them to go turn auto-rotation off, since you know that they're going to do it ANYWAY????

Right? Do you see what he means, what I'm saying also? Same thing. It annoys the holy hell out of me when someone hews so strongly to print standards that they don't give 2 seconds' thought to how the image is going to be viewed, 99.9999% of the time--on a rotated device.

See what I mean?

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote