View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 11:57 PM   #33
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
For my own interest I decided to fill in the gaps in the Glo (fw 2.1.5) font-size details, so I may as well post them here to save anyone else the tedium (and rather a lot of crashes). The 24 values are:-
12, 14, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 24, 25, 26, 28, 32, 36, 40, 44, 46, 48, 50, 52, 54, 56, 58
After reading that list, I rechecked it on my Touch. The first ten are the same as you have. I didn't go any higher. What I don't know is if I made a mistake before, or there has been a change for the Touch in the beta firmware I am running. I'll choose the latter
Quote:
This has helped me understand why I'm struggling to get my 'perfect size' with some fonts, which go from 'a bit too small' to 'too large' in one step. It appears my ideal font-size is around 28-30, depending which font family is chosen. I find it odd that the granularity in the mid-range (28-44) is 4 (pts?) per click whilst it is only 2 at the top end.
I just tried an experiment. I put five copies on of the same book on my Touch, and created a content_settings record for each with the font sizes to 28, 29, 30, 31 and 32. When I looked at the books, it does seem to respect the in-between sizes. My measurement was crude, but, I the book with 30 was bigger than 28 and smaller than 32.
Quote:

When I looked at line-height on the Glo I had a different minimum value to you, namely:
1.3, 1.35, 1.4, 1.6, 1.775, 1.9, 2.0, 2.2, 3.0
1.3 is a bit big for my tastes, for most fonts. I wonder how many people choose a line-height of 2+?
This time I definitely had a transposition error. I had copied the list somewhere and made a mistake. Looking back at the original notes, it is 1.3 not 1.

I have also tried setting it to 0.1, 1.0, 2.6 and 4. The 2.6 and 4 worked, but I need to redo the smaller test. I don't think they did, but my measurement was very crude. Plus I used different books which made it harder.
Quote:
I agree, 15 does seem way too high, I'd prefer settings 0-5 with 1pt granularity or even 0-10 with 2pt granularity.
You might be happier in the future

Also, I will send you a PM related to this.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote