View Single Post
Old 01-09-2019, 01:06 AM   #64
blue_skies
Evangelist
blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue T62+; Boyue Mimas; and my old Kindle Keyboard
I'm so excited about this device. I have been following the reMarkable and the Boox Max and Note products. I loved the larger size of the Boox devices and the fact that they include speakers... but I absolutely need a frontlight and prefer it to offer a warm night time light. On the Boox thread, one person in particular kept insisting that it is absolutely impossible to have a front light on a ten inch (or larger) screen and insisted we would never see a product like the Likebook Mimas. It was very discouraging, and I am very glad he was wrong.

I bought a Boyue T63+ from Banggood about four years ago and have been very happy with it (after an early firmware update and figuring out how to get a dictionary working.) The frontlight on it is fantastic and much better than the two Kindle Paperwhites I ordered and returned because the frontlights were poor.

I signed up for AliExpress and sent a note to the seller asking about the Early Bird price. I have never ordered from AliExpress, and I was confused by the listing page. It looks like the Mimas is an upgraded version of the Likebook Note, and doesn't actually have its own product page yet... is that correct?

***Okay, I already received a message back that the device will be ready in the middle of January but with limited stock.***

Has anyone here made a pre-order? Are there any other good purchasing options for US buyers?
blue_skies is offline   Reply With Quote