View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 09:27 AM   #52
salamanderjuice
Guru
salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
Good to know. Thankfully, Calibre renders that easy enough now that I have figured out how to convert epubs to kepubs. With the added bonus that I can now click on chapters in the TOC to jump that section in the book.

Yes, I have noticed that the furigana can become a bit of a nuisance at times when trying to click on a kanji. However, enlarging the font and moving my finger about until I find the sweet spot works for me.

Actually, I don't find selecting the word boundaries to be so much of a problem. And my fingers aren't dainty. Perhaps it's just a question of finding the right font size. The luxury of being able to read Japanese on an ereader more than makes up for th odd time or two when the furigana get in the way.

Where are you getting your files? I'm wondering if kepubs from the Kobo Japan store are better at word selection than books from other places. I've found my converted AZW3 and some books I've bought off Google Play Japan will only ever highlight a single character. I haven't yet been able to figure out a way to buy off Kobo Japan outside Japan so I can't try any legit kepubs.

Is it possible for Kobos to get the kanji compound at all? My Kindle won't do it all the time, and it doesn't really seem to work for converted books, but for AZW3 from the Amazon store 9/10 it will select the right kanji compound word for lookup.

It's easier to move the text selection things on my Kobo, but I don't have to really do it all on the Kindle. I'm liking my Aura One for manga use, but I feel their Japanese book support is a step behind Amazon's. Which is kinda ironic.
salamanderjuice is offline   Reply With Quote