View Single Post
Old 06-10-2012, 07:42 PM   #46
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by elRicharD View Post
I will. Does that add any compatibility/performance improvement? Should I add those directives to the ./configure on mpg123?

Thanks!
The ones I wrote should work on both ARMv6 and ARMv7 (Kindle Touch).
Usually, hardware floating point is faster than doing it in software.

- - - -

No, not added to the ./configure step

Sorry, didn't notice that you where using an autotools package.

After the configure step, when you do the "make" you should be able to pass the extra compiler flags at the same time.
OR
Set them in the Makefile after it has been generated by ./configure.

On the command line (may not be honored by the Makefile):

If it is a C program:
CFLAGS='the extra options' make

If it is a C++ program:
CCFLAGS='the extra options' make

OR
Just set the extra options in the Makefile wherever CFLAGS and CCFLAGS is first defined.

Note: These are just general directions. A person would have to have the actual text of the Makefile in front of them to give specifics.

- - - -

If all of the above is a mystery - don't worry about it - someone else will check it out when they have time.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote