View Single Post
Old 11-23-2015, 02:08 AM   #9
Vmurph
Cat Whisperer
Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vmurph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles Oasis 3, Kindle Oasis 1, and iPhone XS Max
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieWhere View Post
So what you'd recommend to buy? the paperwhite or the voyage?
It depends on whether you have pets. There's really only two main differences between them.

1.) The Paperwhite has a raised bezel, and the Voyage has no bezel (or rather, a bezel that's flush with the screen).

2.) The second difference is, the Voyage has page turn buttons on both sides for those who don't like tapping or swiping their screens. (invisible haptic buttons, not raised ones)

I would've been content with my Paperwhite forever if it weren't for one problem. I have 6 cats and I was constantly finding cat fur wedged under the bezel. Don't ask me how all the fur in the house seemed to end up on my Kindle, but it was a real pain in the butt, and a terrible distraction from reading.

Just the elimination of the bezel alone, and being FREED from the frustration of cat fur issues, was absolutely worth the extra $100 for me.

The haptic page turn buttons were definitely icing on the cake, because I hated swiping my screen for every page turn. However, that feature alone wouldn't have made me upgrade. But the both together really enhanced my reading experience.

That's really all that matters to me...my reading experience.
Vmurph is offline   Reply With Quote