View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 05:00 PM   #2
7hir7een
Reader of Books
7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Libra Colour, Libra 2, Elipsa, Kindle Basic (11th gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowlord View Post
How does this so called panel view mode of the Kindle Paperwhite actually work? Panel view mode allows to read comics panel by panel.
Does it only work with specially prepared comics/manga i.e. bought from the Kindle store or does this also work with sideloaded ones?

I guess it won‘t work, because the Kindle Paperwhite would have to detect the single panels of a comic on its own. Or does this work?
If it does not work, is there an easy to use tool to create your own panel view enabled comics or is this not possible?
I can't speak to comics bought from the Kindle store, but the comics I sideloaded after processing using the methods listed in this thread at least have some panel view support. Official comics/manga may differ from what I describe.

First off, the comic will show up fullscreen on the Paperwhite, which is a treat in and of itself. I can almost always read the comic without zooming in due to the nice resolution.

Then when I double-tap, the screen will fill with the top left fourth. You touch to turn the page, and image will pan to fill the screen with the top right fourth, then the bottom left, bottom right. It works well for me, but obviously your experience may differ. You can double-tap again to get out of panel view if you'd like. I'm not sure how it works with comics of a different resolution, but it's likely similar.

Anyway, I'm not sure if comics/manga have "custom" panel configurations. It may just use this general method, or they may actually be more customized.

ETA: Also if you tap in a region of the screen that isn't the top left, it'll zoom in to the general area of where you tapped.

Last edited by 7hir7een; 10-29-2012 at 05:07 PM.
7hir7een is online now   Reply With Quote