View Single Post
Old 06-12-2010, 12:50 PM   #129
kikok
kikok began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by geertm View Post
They do indeed check the IP-address.
As I am interested in this reader I also tried the to buy a book.
First I tried the Fictionwise workaround. Using an USA address with my Dutch credit card. Indeed your order is canceled almost immediately.

Then I tried the same again, but this time I used my USA VPN account from www.alwaysvpn.com (just $8,50 for 5GB data). That way Barnes and Noble sees an USA IP-address.
Now I was able to buy and download the book without a problem!

I am interested in this reader, because I would be able to read books from Fictionwise, Barnes and Noble and from other ePub bookstores. I also like the colourscreen and WIFI. And best of all, even with shipping to the Netherlands, 19% VAT and import duty, it would still be a bit cheaper than the Sony 600 (Nook about E 265,00, Sony 600 E 300,00).

I wonder about the support of only English books. Is this just about the characterset that is supported? That would probably not be a problem for Dutch books. Or do they really check the language of the book (is that even possible)?
Thanks Geertm for your advice. I live in Bangkok, Thailand and bought ebook from B&N yesterday using non-usa credit card with usa shipping address and www.alwaysvpn.com without problems.
kikok is offline   Reply With Quote