View Single Post
Old 07-17-2009, 03:38 PM   #13
wayspooled
Crab In The Dark
wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Tablet PC until a 10" comes out that I like
Yeah, David Sedaris and James Thurber.

The Butterfly Kid by Chester Anderson

Funniest book I ever read probably isn't funny anymore. It's probably dated. It was Shut Up and Eat Your Snowshoes by Jack Douglas, circa about 1970. He was the writer that did Johnny Carson's monologues back when they were famous entertainment - he decided to pack up his Japanese wife and their kids and pet wolves and move to backwoods Canada and it's their story. It was just hilarious.

Edit: Ya know what? Second thoughts on it's being too dated. If I had to risk $3.96 on anything (.01 for the books, 3.95 shipping) for a laugh, I think I would bet on Shut Up and Eat Your Snowshoes. Of course, no way it would be ebook'd.

Last edited by wayspooled; 07-17-2009 at 03:59 PM.
wayspooled is offline   Reply With Quote