View Single Post
Old 06-07-2009, 09:10 PM   #1
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Sprint Launches Palm Pre

Sprint and Palm launched their new Pre smartphone this weekend. This is the Palm answer to Apple's iPhone and Google's Android. Sprint spokesmen are saying that they may run out of the phones before resupply reaches the stores. How much is real and how much is hype is hard to say.

The phone lists for $549.99 (let's say $550.) They have an instant savings of $250 and $100 mail in rebate if you agree to a two (2) year contract. This brings the price down to $200 for new lines or if you are eligible for an upgrade on your existing phone.

My current cell phone is the Samsung i500 with Palm 4.1 OS from 2004. This seemed like a good time to upgrade and a phone that would meet my needs. Today I wandered by my local Sprint store (I have used Sprint as my cell carrier for many years) and they said that they had sold out of their initial allocation on Saturday and already had a waiting list.

Earlier MobileRead coverage and discussion of the Palm Pre is here.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote