View Single Post
Old 07-24-2006, 11:26 AM   #13
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Update MS & SD card security

Here's some more info on the MS & SD card security:

I don't know how well known this is (I didn't know it, but neither had I looked ) -- the Sony Memory Stick Pro supports card based security similar to the SD card (not the same security, but rather the same general concept). Sony uses something called MagicGate according to this article.

Note that the Sony Reader uses Memory Stick and SD cards, not Memory Stick Pro and SD cards (the security isn't available in the non-Pro MS). This indicates that Sony hasn't implimented the the card based security for their own memory type, so I think we can safely conclude that they didn't implement it for the SD cards either -- why do somebody else's if you're not going to do your own?

As an aside, if I'm interpreting this correctly, Sony has actually "opened" the MagicGate standard for use by others.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote