View Single Post
Old 11-14-2008, 08:43 AM   #71
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
Say you have very good or very bad eyes, and you prefer the font to be larger or smaller than the default font sizes.
Can you install or mod / edit the default fontsizes inside the device's firmware or something?

I mean even when installing a font that's just smaller in size, or larger for easier reading, can it be done on the BeBook?

If it can, then I don't really see any reason why the reader is not flexible enough concearning fonts.
Generally a device is only used between one and 2 users. If each of them has a favorite size for reading books, (say: 14 and 32pt) then you still have one size left to choose from (eg: 24pt).

Normally people who prefer a fonttype, will not often change it (or so I believe), unless the book's formatting is lousy and you need another size for better reading.
Sorry, I didn't look under the hood (so to speak). There are three sizes regular, large, and extra large. I don't know if you can fiddle with the font size of the regular font. Please, this was just a quickie comparison from a non-technical user's perspective... (Personally, I follow the KISS principle (Keep It Simple, Stupid (referring to myself, of course)) with consumer electronics. I use the defaults, unless they are very simple to change. That way, if the device croaks, I don't have to go thru the frustration/learning curve all over again. But each to their own.)

Last edited by Greg Anos; 11-14-2008 at 08:48 AM.
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote