View Single Post
Old 10-21-2008, 10:53 AM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycoming View Post
A few days ago I found Books on Board, and was amazed to find the books I wanted in 'ereader' format. At the checkout I was disappointed to notice they are for the US version PRS 500.
Um, the 500 does not support the "eReader" format. Are you sure it wasn't "Sony Reader" format... which would be BBeB or a .lrf file? If so, it will work on a 505. I don't think BoB even sells eReader format.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycoming View Post
Q. Will Calibre transfer the 500 files to 505 files? If not will Calibre convert Adobe Epub, Mobipocket (PX) or Microsoft reader(?) to the 505 format?
Um, your question here is a little confusing. The 505 reads all the formats that the 500 reads. The 505 additionally supports ePub and also Secure Adobe ID DRM for ePub/PDF.

So, anything you can read on a 500 will work on a 505 without conversion.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote