View Single Post
Old 08-27-2008, 02:14 PM   #12
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by derrell View Post
Well it works sort of. I was able to get the ebookwise page to display and was able to tap through some of their links. All the other links I tried I would get a 2 or 3 packets of info then just an unending stream of 0 byte length ones. Might be a problem with my network setup though didn't test it for very long. I've got to get to bed.

Definitly going in the right direction. Oh had to tinker with the port settings, 8118 is blocked for me and I didn't take to the time to dig around in the iptables to open it up, don't even know for sure where ubuntu keeps those files. Other than that looks like it works.
The communications go something like this:

For connecting to proxy server and local content:
Code:
internet <--> Privoxy listens on port 8118 --> Privoxy forward's *.ebooksystem.net to port 9090 --> Linreb listening/responds on port 9090 --> Privoxy responds on port 8118  <--> EBW1150's port 8118
or

For surfing the internet:
Code:
internet <--> Privoxy listening/responds on port 8118 --> EBW1150's port 8118
Please note that the only reason to have Linreb is to initally "serve up" the local html (content) that has weblinks. Afterwards, it is no longer required to be able to 'surf the internet'!

Last edited by nrapallo; 08-27-2008 at 02:17 PM.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote