View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 07:41 PM   #11
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Why??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberich View Post
Sirmaru, please try left your KFHD in cold room (50F-60F temperature range) for 2-3 hrs. Then start battery monitoring. Start charging. In 3-4 hours battery stop charging at 70%-80%.
I keep my home thermostat at 72 F for heat in the day and down to 69 F in the night. My air conditioner is set at 76 F.

Why would you want to live in such cold conditions?

The only time it got down to 61 F was in the last hurricane for two days. My kindle Fire HD still operated at that temperature. Of course I could not charge it since I had no power.

Here are the Kindle Fire HD manual statements on the subject:

"The rechargeable battery in your Kindle Fire should be replaced only by an authorized service provider. For more information about batteries, go to ww.amazon.com/kindleterms. Charge the battery only in temperatures that range from 32° to 95° Fahrenheit (0° to 35° Celsius)."

Operating temperature — 32°F to 95°F (0°C to 35°C).

Storage temperature — 14°F to 113°F (-10°C to 45°C).

Get the GSam Battery Monitor App and leave it on the screen as you charge. It is probably charging and you just can't see it. The standard battery icon does NOT reflect what is actually happening.

Here are my measured GSam readings during a charge cycle:

Timed charging of KFHD7-32:

10:01 AM - 15% - Start charge - GSam Estimate to Full Charge = 5:06
11:07 AM - 37% - GSam Estimate to Full Charge = 3:03
1:20 PM - 80% - GSam Estimate to Full Charge = 1:00
1:56 PM - 91% - GSam Estimate to Full Charge = 0:27
2:26 PM - 96% - GSam Estimate to Full Charge = 0:12
2:51 PM - 100% - GSam Estimate to Full Charge = 0:00

You may not have a battery problem at all. You just need the GSam app to guide you properly.

Last edited by sirmaru; 12-14-2012 at 07:51 PM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote