View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 07:41 PM   #109
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaKing View Post
How many apps do you need?
Lets pass on the games. I don't do games except on rare occasion, I might look at something someone is pressing into my hand.

Lets look at one thing. WiFi apps. I have looked at most of the Android Apps for WiFi and tried to use them. I even tried to take a short cut and look at the paid ones trying to find one really good one that would just hook me up with the public WiFi spots without me asking for a password or something.

I did like the 2 or 3 that showed me where public wifi spots were relative to my position but the old android settings app did just as well except for that characteristic. My GPS units will give me better locations of restaurants etc, that I can be fairly certain will have a wifi spot.

My point is that 100 good apps OR FEWER should suffice except for the games.
The other 100 thousand or more is just redundant!
If it's the "right" 100 apps, that's certainly true.
But what I'm missing still (just a few examples):
ePUB reader app.
Nook app.
Navigation app, Navigon would be great (without GPS and 3G not of much use, i have to admit).
A few casual games, such as KenKen or Minesweeper.
Some more radio apps.
Some specific news apps, such as the German N-TV or Tagesschau for example.
More newspapers. Lucky enough, they've got a great app already for Germany: Süddeutsche Zeitung, one of the major daily sources.
IMDB app.
Alternative keyboard, Swype would be great.

Quite frankly, I often simply enjoy browsing Google Play or iTunes. Not for a specific app, just stumbling around and testing some new apps.
I pretty much gave up on the BlackBerry PlayBook, although I still find it one of the most advanced tablets and OS. 5 news apps per months simply doesn't make it for me.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote