View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 10:28 PM   #18
grvthang
Connoisseur
grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Kindle Fire, Droid Incredible2, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffwood View Post
Fair enough, but I suspect that people who already dropped $200 on a tablet in the last 7 months aren't the target market.

The question is, if you didn't have your Fire, would you spend your $200 on the Nexus or a Fire? What makes the Nexus the "Kindle Killer" is that, at least for now, it does have better specs and I suspect more people will choose it over the Fire. The specs may not be enough for you to want to upgrade, but they are good enough to sway people.

I suspect most Fire owners are happy with what they have, and not only will they not switch to the Nexus, they probably won't upgrade to whatever the Fire is replaced by unless it is a significant jump in specs. I was one of many who bought the First Gen iPad, skipped the 2nd Generation and then upgrade to the 3rd. Only true hardcore gadget people upgrade every generation.
I think you hit the nail on the head. I don't think many KF owners will run out and get the N7 (unless they're the type to run out and get the latest, greatest thing).

I'm happy with my KF, but if I was in the market right now, I'd be inclined to get the N7.
grvthang is offline   Reply With Quote