View Single Post
Old 06-17-2008, 02:37 AM   #3
Darqref
space cadet
Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rocket PRO, gen3, Pocketbook360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Dove View Post
Hello. I am new to this forum; I am looking for help getting a book off of my Rocket eBook Pro. I think it is a 1000. I have several newer ebooks (CyBook, iRex iLiad) but I have one book on the Rocket eBook that I apparently did not back up on my computer. Rocket Librarian links to it and says it is syncronizing with the REB, but I cannot figure out how to get the title OFF of the ebook so I can convert it (or back it up). It is the only book left on it. Can anyone help? Thanks!! dgray@ix.netcom.com
The Synchronize feature only appears to work with the annotations you have made to a book, and only the actual annotations file, as far as I can tell (I've got the same model - you put it in the cradle, and the interface is an old serial port, right?) I've never actually used the annotations, so I have no experience.

If you could examine the source code of the Rocket Librarian, you might be able to find the part that copies the annotation file, and then steer it towards the actual book file instead. But I'm not a programmer, and wouldn't know how to find the right info.

What book are you trying to get off the Rocket? almost all mine are from sources that I can download again, because I stopped buying encrypted books.
Darqref is offline   Reply With Quote