Thread: Amazon Sucks
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2011, 01:43 PM   #8
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiworld View Post
Really want to share my disgust with Amazon. I bought unknowingly, a DX Graphite at a fleamarket that turned out not to function. Amazon refused to help because I could not retrieve the serial number.
After SirAlex provided a method to retrieve the correct serial number, Amazon now claimed it was demo model that was not supposed to be sold but was also not reported stolen.

After an hour speaking with tier 2 support and her manager, they said they would not help me.

I hope by posting here, I can inflame readers who are appalled at Amazon's intrusive big brother control over their device and maybe also find someone knows how to put a working fw on this DX?

I'd also like to see if there are others who have been victimized by Amazon's policies.
Personally I do not understand why you blame Amazon for something you should have know better.