View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 10:46 PM   #6
Marseille
Guru
Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marseille ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
I would guess that there's no chance at all that Amazon searches for 100% off coupon offers. That seems like way too much time, effort and expense. I'm prepared to be wrong, but I really doubt it.
That does seem like it would be a million times tougher than monitoring list prices. Good point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhartman36
One potential strategy (that I'm doing while my Kindle book is busy being listed) is to list your book on your own site (if you have one). I think on your own site, you would be able to price the book whatever you wanted.
They theory being similar to carld's, that while Amazon will auto monitor list prices at known competitors, tracking every nook and cranny is harder? That makes sense.

I suppose I should look at the actual policy language and see if there is a real violation with 100% off coupons. If the language goes to the list price itself, it wouldn't even be just about avoiding punishment, there would be no violation in the first place.

Thank you both for posting
Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote