View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 08:46 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by avantman42 View Post
I just tried it with a sample, and it didn't seem to help. Whether that option was ticked or not, author name was shown as "Price, Willard".
The swap option only works if the data is read from the file name. The read metadata from file (next to it) would need to be unchecked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avantman42 View Post
One other point - if the option did work, it'd have to edit books not bought at Amazon, since it's only books bought from Amazon that have this issue.
I am confused what your "One other point" is, we change options to suit what we do in calibre all of time. The swap option does work when adding books reading their file name. I don't know if this can be done when adding books from the Kindle. The Quick Preferences Plugin allows quick on the fly changing of these settings, quite easily.

Update: This thread should help you change a bunch of these last, first names using the search and replace in the bulk metadata edit area.

Good Luck.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 03-16-2011 at 08:51 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote