Thread: Classic Nook and PDF...again.
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2010, 09:57 AM   #1
Slvtmong00se
Slvtmong00se began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Unhappy Nook and PDF...again.

Hi everyone
I've been using the nook for about 4 months now and have often come to this site looking for help.

Im building a large ebook library and want to maintain it at a high quality. My only two requirements are:
1) the "goto" feature of nook work with all files
2) it be readable and well (if not perfectly) formatted.

I'm having quite a lot of trouble with PDF files. Calibre doesnt convert them too well, AABBY finereader takes forever and produces many errors, so finally ive decided to try cropping out whitespace.

Ive managed to do it too, using god knows which utility (got dozens lying on my desktop now) so that each page in the pdf shows just the text, no white things around it.

However when I load this new file into the Nook, and set it to small (to disable reflow) I get the exact same thing i did when i started. The font is too tiny and *Horizontally* about a third of the screen to the right is just not being used.

Any ideas for which utils/settings to use to get Nook to just display these files at a larger, readable font? Please, any and all suggestions are welcome, ive been at this for 3 weeks now!
Slvtmong00se is offline   Reply With Quote