View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 11:11 PM   #37
Harmon
King of the Bongo Drums
Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Excelsior! (Strange...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible View Post
Someone recently associated the debate to American politics. Those who use aPple products are leftist and those who hate them are right wingers. Some and I say some right wingers would like to use aPple products but their political conviction won't allow them. So they pick on any flaw or reason they can to try to make the beautiful object ughly and useless before their resistance could fail and make them rush out to buy one.
I can understand that a leftist would let political considerations govern his choices. That's the left wing way.

But right wingers don't think like that. They tend to buy what they want, based on, oh, I dunno...objective considerations, appreciation of aesthetics, ease of use, obscure stuff like that.

This works well for Apple. They can pretend to be green & liberal, so that the lefties will buy their products, but meanwhile they make products that just work, which is what righties value.

You've heard the phrase, "laughing all the way to the bank...?

Last edited by Harmon; 02-15-2010 at 11:20 PM.
Harmon is offline   Reply With Quote