Thread: Feature request
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2009, 11:49 AM   #5
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
Show it like it is?

If it is a lot of work, don't bother. Unlike some people on mobileread, I am delighted when someone like Michael makes his work available for the benefit of others.

My own feeling is I don't care what the author wanted...I doubt there a lot of Mona Lisa quality epubs floating around out there. I'd like for my reading experience to be as easy and pleasant as possible, regardless of whether the author had good taste (according to me)!

Some PG epubs which had highly formatted HTML originals should be delightful. Others, like this one that came from plain text, are part of an automated process which they concede is experimental. In the end, the transcriber may have had a particular device in mind, and it might not come out as well when displayed in a browser.

Since it is your software Michael, you get to decide what controls you want in it. Certainly nobody wants a control panel that covers half the screen!
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote