View Single Post
Old 06-02-2009, 06:38 AM   #70
pysjai
pysjai began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The purpose of this "sticky" thread is to document known bugs and issues with the Gen3 and - if available - solutions or workarounds for them. Please let's keep this thread strictly factual; general chat can go elsewhere.

I'll start the ball rolling with a couple of known issues and their solutions.
I've had my Cybook Gen3 for a couple of weeks now and have not been able to open books I've borrowed from KnowBetter ebook lending library. They keep coming up with the message 'book not active yet'. Their support group has tried to help and said that I need to check the date/time on my Cybook. I'm very much 'IT-challenged', and haven't a clue how to do this! I emailed Bookeen's support over a week ago, but haven't had a reply. I'd be very grateful if you have a step-by-step procedure that an IT-dummy like myself could manage! I've been reluctant to look in the 'System' folder as one bit of advice I received was not to do this as I might delete important stuff.

I've read many of your posts on freezing and would welcome your suggestion for my difficulty. This is that my Cybook freezes quite often, particularly when I've been reading for a couple of hours. I've taken to using bookmarks for each chapter so I don't have to go through all the pages from the previous freeze to find my place - but this seems to be one of the things that causes freezing! The battery is fully charged - generally goes down to 90% after a day's reading, so I recharge overnight. I've switched off the 'Auto-off'. I haven't yet tried to reformat in a different font, but will have a go. From your replies, it seems that individual Cybooks have their own freezing problems - or none at all! Again, I'd be grateful for your advice
pysjai is offline   Reply With Quote