View Single Post
Old 05-18-2006, 07:51 PM   #1
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
The portable Great Ideas series

Michel Daw, the creator of the Portable Harvard Classics has created a new series for classic book lovers. The following information was provided in his e-mail newsletter update:
Quote:
"Throughout history, some books have changed the world. They have transformed the way we see ourselves - and each other. They have inspired debate, dissent, war and revolution. They have enlightened, outraged, provoked and comforted. They have enriched lives - and destroyed them. Now Penguin brings you the works of the great thinkers, pioneers, radicals and visionaries whose ideas shook civilization, and helped make us who we are."

The above is from the Penguin UK website. I was intrigued by the concept and looked over the title list. Imagine my pleasure and surprise when I realized that all of the books in the first 20 volume series (the US series only has 12) were all available in the public domain! So I had a Great Idea of my own.

Why not make them Portable? To this end I have created the Portable Great Ideas page, and will quickly be posting the volumes in PDF, HTM and MobiPocket PDB file format. Add to that my own spin on Penguin's Great Ideas award winning cover designs (thanks CorelDRAW!) and we have a new way of fruitfully whiling away the hours.
What a great idea!