Thread: Newbie issues
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 08:23 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
I have a feeling that calibre looks in the pickup location when it starts. After that it has to be running to see new books, I think that's one reason it has the minimise to tray option.

It probably listens for a file added message for the pick up location, these are sent unconditionally by the OS/File System all a program has to do is to listen for the message - thats how Windows, OS/X etc work - message loops. Surely polling went out with 3270 - didn't it. If it actually polled then I reckon Kovid would have put a setting for 'how often" in the Auto Add Configuration

But that's all guess work - I haven't used the feature for a while.

BR
AH! 3270's. Those grand old Boat anchors with the Green Screens and block transmission
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote