View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 08:12 PM   #35503
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
Getting ready for a film night. Last night I watched Prometheus, which I liked and I thought the ending was a reference to the Alien films. This made me realize that I've never seen any of the Alien films. Luckily, it's availbe for rent on the film channel of the holiday park, so I got a film card today and now I'm settling in to rectify this gap in my film education with some tea, nibbles, a block of cumin cheese and a parafin block in the fireplace.

It looks like I'm having a Ridley Scott week; I had planned on watching Blade Runner again but I'll do that tomorrow. And it's also a Sigourney Weaver week since earlier in the week I watched Political Animals (why no continuation, it was superb!?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
I'm excited for you! The second film in that series, "Aliens, " is one of my favorite movies ever. I have seen it so many times, and quote from it often. Enjoy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
I guess I'm going to have to watch the Alien series. I've never seen any of them. But so many people talk about them being so enjoyable... I guess it's time to give in and see for myself.

Stitchawl
A brilliant series of films. I agree with Betty that #2 is the best. You have to watch them.

I have just finished watching Dredd, with Karl Urban in the title role. Unusually, you don't get to see his face through the whole movie, as he is wearing a helmet, which is true to the comics. Much, much better than the Stallone Dredd, which was a travesty, but it won't be to everyone's taste. Lots of violence and blood.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote