View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 09:20 AM   #9
MartyTX
Dedicated
MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 1 & 4, Nook ST, Dell 11-3000, iPhone 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by misharsenal View Post
@marty

Btw - I use a Mac, not a PC, so all I can do is eject.
Also, the Lost Directory does show up as a file, so there must be an error

I'll try what you recommend today - i'll upload one book at a time, and then leave it for 20 minutes half an hour to let it load.

Should I eject it from my Macbook before it loads, or just leave it as it is for 20 mins, and then eject it?

This forum is amazing!
Mishal,

To clarify: the Nook creates an empty "Lost.dir" folder automatically. If it is not empty, an error has occurred. If it's empty, no files are corrupted.

Sequence should be:

1. Eject the Nook from your Macbook after you're done with all your loading.
2. Wake up the Nook. (I keep my Nook set to a 15 minute screensaver timeout so the Nook doesn't fall asleep again too soon).
3. Then let it sit so it can create book cover art and the folder/file structure.

I've seen several posts on sites that say that after a large book load, the book count in the library starts out low and then gradually increases. If you try to read a book during this timeperiod, there's a good chance that something will get scrambled. Also, during this timeperiod, books might not have covers, but they might appear later.

I've reloaded books because the covers did not appear. I'd then anxiously go to the library and check the book. Still no cover. Then, after giving up and waiting for a few minutes, the cover would appear. The Nook can be very finicky with SD cards!
MartyTX is offline   Reply With Quote