Thread: Dynamic keymaps
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 05:59 AM   #40
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWarper View Post
Sure. A dead key is one that doesn't produce a character by itself, but puts into some buffer a character that is to be combined with the next one; that's how Spanish or International American keyboard layouts usually produce accented letters: one pushes "`", "´", "¨", etc. and gets "nothing" -- when "a" or any other key is pushed afterwards, "à", "á", "ä" or whatever is produced. It is much more elegant and practical than having individual keys for what can potentially be a lot of characters, but it may be beyond the current code and not really necessary so far.
Aha, that is a feature I always disable as soon as possible, since it is very annoying when typing source code. Your assumption that it is not in the current code, I can put it on my (ever growing) todo list
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote