View Single Post
Old 07-23-2011, 12:28 PM   #6
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
How many books are you loading? A lot or a few? Also have you looked at how much main memory you have left? I like to keep about 10% clear for the best efficiency.
Usually only a handful, half a dozen or so. The main memory is only 50% full.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinecone View Post
Because I can.

And I read a lot, and don't always have a clue what I might want to read next.
Yes, and yes. Why would I not want to carry a whole library with me? I keep my whole music collection on my mp3-player as well. Why not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcreative View Post
Good for you... I am in the "I want a pocket library" group as well... if you want faster start after loading then you should take a look at PRS+ which allows you to bypass the complete book scan/rebuild database that happens every time you add a book and disconnect from computer... my 505 and 650 have 25K books on them and no wait after adding/disconnecting, courtesy of PRS+ - Sony Developer forum...
Wait, what? It rebuilds the entire database every time I disconnect from a computer? I suppose that would explain it, though. In theory, that means I can probably fix this just by getting rid of whichever files in the data base are delaying the load, or by fixing up whatever has gone wonky with the file system. Or I can look at PRS+...
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote