View Single Post
Old 03-15-2008, 12:21 AM   #385
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
If Iw as to sell someone an eBook that I had purchased in MS Reader format, could I say have say Fictionwise transfer that eBook from my account to the other person's account? Barring that, wat would be illegal to sell the eBook DRMless since I cannot transfer the eBook with DRM since it won't work ont he other person's system. If the person is not local, I cannot then go to his/her computer, login abnd re download it. But, if I used Mobipocket, I could change the PID, download it and then send it aong to the person who bought it from me.

I know DRM should prevent reselling an eBook but we should be but what I did purchase is a physical piece of propery the same as if I had purchased the pBook. I consider the file to be a piece of property the same as the pBook. So in that case, I should have the right to sell it to someone else.

Now, lets say the person has a Sony Reader and I have a conversion done of this eBook. If I sell the original file DRM as it is and the diff file and then give the Obelisk Pyhton program to convert the diff into the LRF, is that legal?

All this of course assumes that once I make the sale the person has the file(s) and acknowledges that everything is as it should be and I then delete all the copies. Would there be any problem with any of this?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote