Thread: Firmware Update Kindle 3 - Firmware update
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2010, 07:06 PM   #15
Ben Thornton
Guru
Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, iPad 2 (but not for e-books)
I'm having quite regular crashes - no rattles or anything. Looks like software to me. Twice it has locked up and needed several holding-downs of the power button for >15s to make it do anything. In between it works fine. Lots of other less extreme crashes (i.e. where it reboots itself).

Not had it happen on straight page turns - tends to be when moving the cursor for dictionary look-up or to follow a reference.

Hope they release some fixes soon. I checked that all the indexing had finished, and these are all subsequent to that.
Ben Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote