View Single Post
Old 11-17-2017, 12:48 AM   #2109
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by taosaur View Post
I'm still making my way through The Wheel of Time on audio (book 9, I think), but I wishlisted Lowell's Solar Clipper books ages ago based on recommendations in this thread, and my Kindle offered Quarter Share as a Kindle Lending Library title (first time I've used that program). I gobbled it up in two sittings, then took a Kindle Unlimited trial to move on to the next one
They are a delight, and ones I can go back to every once in a while. I first read them as eBooks, though they were originally podcasts read by the author. The Audible versions are good versions, though some purists argue that the original podcasts were better. Personally, I enjoyed both. The thing about these stories is that they really are _stories_, and they actual do best as audio books, though they can certainly be enjoyed as eBooks. But they have a sense of narrative about them. They're my SF 'cozies' when I just want to enjoy a good story, and not have to worry about someone getting eviscerated or tortured in the middle of the story.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote