View Single Post
Old 03-12-2015, 07:59 PM   #4
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SantafA View Post
Hi everyone,

I have an ordered list I need to keep as close to the left side of the screen as possible. When I enlarge the font in a reader app the list numbers soon start to get cut off at the left edge of the page though.

This happens in Nook and Calibre. It actually doesn't happen in ADE. ADE somehow keeps everything on screen when the other apps don't.

The only way I've found to rectify it is to place a div around the list and give it a pretty large left margin. It's squishing my list though - the list item text is kind of long. Also, different readers need a differently sized margin, and I don't know what the universal minimum sized margin should be - don't know when to stop. Nook for PC only needs a .3em left margin to not cut off list numbers at its largest font size setting. Calibre requires a much larger margin.

Is there a simpler method to preserve your list numbers? A way for every reader (or at least the most popular readers) to automatically keep list numbers from being cut off?

margin-left:auto; doesn't help.

Giving the div a width and floating it right just messes everything up real bad. Making an empty div before it and making both divs display:inline-block; and giving them widths just seems to create chaos too. 2/3 of my list vanishes and I get some page-break problems. Some problem with the vertical alignment maybe, I don't know.

Making the list-style-position: inside; causes uneven alignment problems which I have to then fix with text-indent and that just leads to other alignment problems across multiple reader apps/devices.

I may very well be doing something wrong with my code. Any advice you guys have I will much appreciate. Thank you everyone.
This occurs with no margin set for the book itself?

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote