Thread: Read to Me?
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 08:42 PM   #2
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Yes. Mantano Reader will do that (ePub or PDF, with or without Adobe DRM). Also Cool Reader (ePub, fb2, doc, txt, rtf, html,, chm, tcr, pdb, prc, mobi, with no DRM). ezPDFReader for PDF, probably others also. Cool Reader is free, you can get it from GetJar (which you can install on Fire by visiting their web site). Mantano has a free ad-supported version on Google Play, but the Premium version is only $4.99 (I think I paid $7.99, happily). ezPDFReader is in Amazon Appstore, but if you have a way to get Mantano on there, it is a great app.

Fire's TTS is not the best (PicoTTS) but it is functional. No way to replace it with something better short of rooting, however (AFAIK). I'd be willing to pay for 3rd party TTS if they'd make the settings available.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote