View Single Post
Old 09-20-2021, 08:06 AM   #15
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NST, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by drofgnal View Post
This is why when I look for a public domain book on amazon, I have trouble finding the freebie that amazon itself puts out there. She's not the only one doing it. I recently read David Copperfield and it took me a while to find the amazon $0.00 version as there were a bunch that were .99, 1.99 etc. The freebie amazon one was great, even had x-ray enabled. It was just hard to find. It's a free market so I guess they are entitled, but Amazon should do a better job when you search for a classic in showing their freebie first. But they probably get a cut as well, so there's not much incentive I guess.
I think Amazon should have incentive to clean up this mess. How much can they possibly earn on a $0.99 ebook? These bottom feeders clutter their site, and bandwidth isn't free. Want to guess how many Kindle versions of "The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin" are currently for sale on Amazon? Exactly 1,947. Find one that will look good on your ereader; I dare you.

Does Amazon EVER clean house? If an ebook has been listed for five years and only sold a handful of copies, why don't they just delete it?

Not to mention the terrible formatting that many of these books have. it frustrates buyers and reflects badly on Amazon. They exert no quality control whatsoever.
Calenorn is offline   Reply With Quote