View Single Post
Old 09-20-2021, 06:59 AM   #14
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by drofgnal View Post
This is why when I look for a public domain book on amazon, I have trouble finding the freebie that amazon itself puts out there. She's not the only one doing it. I recently read David Copperfield and it took me a while to find the amazon $0.00 version as there were a bunch that were .99, 1.99 etc. The freebie amazon one was great, even had x-ray enabled. It was just hard to find. It's a free market so I guess they are entitled, but Amazon should do a better job when you search for a classic in showing their freebie first. But they probably get a cut as well, so there's not much incentive I guess.

But there are all sorts of people hawking all sorts of hard to find titles and not just books, music CDs, SACDs, DVDs, BDs, etc. Many used book stores and CD stores put their inventory on amazon to sell as well. My local used CD/DVD store does. I took some old movies in I never watch for trade for some music CDs, they give you about 10 cents a disc, then charge about 4-7 bucks for a music CD. I bought a handful of titles, but just gave away the movies to a thrift store as opposed to trading them in for 10 cents/per disc.
It is in my industry too. I had a gentleman my store with a ring that a pawnshop offered him $150.00 for it. The center diamond was a half carat with side stones and the ring was solid and heavy. Just the scrap value of the gold was worth four times the offer. That quality diamond wholesales at over $900.00. I tell them to either sell it on Ebay or ask friends and family for the names of people wanting to get engaged. He would get a fair price and the purchaser would save over retail.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote