View Single Post
Old 08-12-2018, 01:28 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArtfulDodger View Post
OK - two & three I wasn't aware of. But, I changed 2 & 3 and restarted Calibre, but nothing happened! How do I force all of the entries in a library:

1. Change ln, fn -> fn ln.
2. Fix the titles.

Or, will this only work when adding titles which means I have to delete all of them and re-add?

Sorry I am so dumb but most of this is very, very confusing to allow for everything but it's awful confusing - The three you mention I still don't understand - I simply had to guess from among the remaining choices because I knew the one that was there didn't work like I wanted it to!!

Thanks for your help.

Sparky
(a setting change only affects NEW adds)

Fot Authors, there are 2 ways:
use the same procedure for Titles (but tick: Automatically Set Author sort)

OR
Open the Tag Browser right Click on Authors: Manage Authors: <see the buttons at the bottom>

For Titles there are 2 ways

Use the Quality check PI to detect Author sort errors.
then select all results, use the FIX section

or
select all (or just wrong): tap 'E" for bulk metadata edit: TicUpdate title sort (near the bottom)
Select All books
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote