View Single Post
Old 08-12-2018, 11:20 AM   #1
TheArtfulDodger
Zealot
TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.TheArtfulDodger can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kobo Touch, Kindle, Nook Touch
Question I Need Help With Author & Title Sort, Please

Hello:

I thought I understood the Author Sort thing but now I am completely confused. I think I need a set of parameters and where they must go. Here's what I want Calibre to do with every book I add to any library:

1. I want Author Name and sort to be based on First Name Last Name, as in Lee Child NOT Child, Lee.
2. I want Titles to sort like The Summer Home, Not Summer Home, The.

If I could configure Calibre Portable (I am using Portable because I keep it with my library on a flash drive and I don't have to try to get multiple Calibres on different machines to look the same!) to read all books that would be such a help.

I write because I just entered a whole folder of books and ALL of them are Last Name, First Name and I really don't want to have to change each one individually - that's the only way I know to do it!

Thanks in advance,

Sparky
TheArtfulDodger is offline   Reply With Quote