View Single Post
Old 12-17-2017, 02:32 PM   #17
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
I guess because they're getting rarer and people are collecting them. When I bought my T2s (sold one later), they were factory refurbished on Tiger Direct for (I think) about $30. But you can still find them fairly inexpensively used ($60-$70 range) on eBay if you keep watching. As for the older Sonys, PRS-300s and 600s can be downright cheap. I don't think they made a lot of the PRS-950s, so that's probably why their prices are so high.
The 600 and 900 and 700 are garbage. The touch layer is awful. The 700's light is awful as well. Don't buy any of those models.

If you do want to buy a Sony, the 650 is OK because you can replace the batter. The 950, I don't know of a battery replacement. The T1, T2,& T3 can still have a good enough battery.

Any Sony older than the x50 series is too old, too slow, and the version of RMSDK is too old.

But remember, when buying a Sony Reader, the battery could be in need of replacing. So only get one where you can replace the battery if need be.

https://www.newpower99.com/SearchRes...x=0&Search.y=0
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote