View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 09:35 PM   #8
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
If you buy anything for USD with a CAD card there is a fee and exchange rate even if at par. Fee is usually 2-2.5% and exchange rate about 1% over current exchange rate. Slightly more than changing money at the bank.

Should be pretty trivial amount, ( 30-50 cents for a $10 book) but if concerned contact your credit card issuer.

You can get a USD visa, but would have to use it a lot to make up for the anual fee, plus still pay conversion rate.

Helen
My Capitol One card doesn't charge a fee, just the exchange rate. My TD visa Infinite card also charges only the exchange rate; that's for online transactions...certain products can get charged duty when shipped however ebooks only cost me the exchange which has been minimal for some time now.

Last edited by Cdesja5; 08-03-2012 at 09:39 PM.
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote