View Single Post
Old 05-05-2017, 06:49 PM   #21
apos
Zealot
apos solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermatís last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: 623 Touch Lux, 912 Pro (selled), Surfpad 4 L, Waiting for CAD-Reader !
Quote:
Originally Posted by hx0 View Post
Thanks, I changed the installation directory to /usr/local/bin and clarified "make install" behaviour in the readme in the repository.
Hey,

again: for this awesome program. I hope they give Linux a chance in future on this devices. Although everything seams to point to the android section nowadays.

Background for other readers:

According to the "current" (2004) Linux File Hierarchy Standard ( http://www.pathname.com/fhs/pub/fhs-...ndsALHIERARCHY and http://www.pathname.com/fhs) the /usr/local/-tree is for locally installed software.

Another tip: On Debian based systems one also can easily create deb-packages with:

Code:
checkinstall make install
which creates a debian package. The only things I altered using checkinstall was

#2 name: server -> remoteink-server
#3 "version": 20170506 -> 0.2-20170506

which creates "remoteink-server_0.2-20170506-1_amd64.deb" (in my case 64bit machine).

From there on you can use the command line program "alien" to produce other packages (e. g. rpm), distribute them and install / remove with the standard package tools.
apos is offline   Reply With Quote