View Single Post
Old 11-17-2015, 05:57 PM   #26
markom
Banned
markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs t1 kindle dx ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by medwatt View Post

I really read lots of pdfs; math, physics, engineering etc . . . Of course, I'm aware that the optimum reading experience for such documents requires a 9+ inch reader. But, obviously, I cannot afford the prices of such ereaders. My ceiling is $200. I've been hoping that by the time I decide to buy another ereader, the prices of 9+ inch ereaders will be less than $200, but, as we know, that is far from the case.

PS: I'm not interested in getting a tablet. If I get the Aura H2O, I intend to install KOreader for pdf and djvu reading.
Just as an suggestion for those with the same problem, since OP obviously got himself one.

Onyx i86+ in pdf/djvu action using Orion viewer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yv6WVlfvZc

If 8"eink is too small for our A4 pdfs even in landscape mode, then some affordable 10" eink is a good solution.

+ simply using some tablet/smartphone simultaneously for color recognition or faster annotation, scribbling, searching etc. as we read the same pdf/djvu on our eink (6", 8" or 10"), until we hopefully get an affordable fast color 10" e-paper around 2019/20.

Last edited by markom; 11-17-2015 at 07:51 PM.
markom is offline   Reply With Quote