View Single Post
Old 07-22-2021, 12:07 AM   #24
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
Here’s an update:

I’ve enabled debug mode for Calibre, and I check the database upon mounting and before ejecting. I’ve also checked the Elipsa database with SQLite software. No problems have been found. I also constantly backup my Elipsa so I don’t lose data.

With all the database issues I’ve run into, I can report that many ebook annotations and page locations have not been lost, but the Elipsa has forgotten that I’m reading quite a few books. Those ebooks still retain their annotations, but not current page location. Fortunately, bookmarks are intact, too.

Kobo backs up our stylus written annotations so that they are restored when logging into a reset or new Kobo. Notebooks are goners, unfortunately.

I have had one close call that didn’t require restoring the database. After ejecting my Elipsa using Calibre at the end of last week, the Elipsa powered off completely. When I tried to turn it back on, it didn’t respond. I pushed the on button a few times, waiting for the Elipsa to respond after each press, but only after the fourth time did it power up, then acted as it had meant to do that, everything was perfectly fine, and would you please stop staring at me?

I’m watching it with a suspicious side eye now, but the Elipsa has been behaving without issue since then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote