View Single Post
Old 05-05-2021, 11:00 AM   #1
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
Can you read complete books on an LCD screens?

Some people can read complete books on LCD, others cannot and often prefer e-ink. However, I wonder what is the proportion.

I am not talking about browsing the net, etc; I am talking about extended reading, as in a whole book.

Also, it would be interesting to know any associated details about the reader that may influence their choice of medium. I am not sure what those other details might be, but things that occur to me are:

1. eye-sight (short sighted, long sighted, for example)
2. Sensitivity to light. I have noticed that people who can read whole books on LCD don't mind, or even need a very bright light on e-ink. Can you tolerate a bright screen light in the dark, or must it be very dim?

So please add any other details that you think might be relevant.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote